Thai made Forester unveiled First delivery expected from March 2019
TC Subaru (Thailand) today announced that it will be expanding its operations in Thailand as it launched the first made-in- Thailand Subaru Forester. Speaking at the 35th International Thailand Motor Expo, Mr Glenn Tan, Deputy Chairman and Managing Director of Tan Chong International Ltd., said: "We are proud to partner Thailand to build these cars, built to the highest technical and safety specifications. Thailand is a market with great potential, so we have invested in creating jobs here, and in building cars for the Asian market. We are confident that these cars will meet and exceed the expectations of increasingly sophisticated consumers and their families."
The 5th Generation Forester was showcased at the Expo and the car was built at the new factory in Lakrabang Industrial Estate. The factory employs over 300 Thai workers to meet the demand for Subaru cars. The first Complete Knock-Down (CKD) cars produced at the Thailand-based factory will enter the market in March 2019.
Consumers are able to book their units at the Motor Expo, with the first 99 given the opportunity to visit the plant when their cars are ready. In addition, the company said that it is adding 15 more showrooms and service centres in Thailand in 2019, as sales demand has increased over the years. The made in Thailand Forester will also be exported to other countries to meet increasing demand for the brand in Asia.
Built to the same production standards as Japan, these Subaru cars feature 4 Core technologies which have won the hearts of Subaru fans around the world: the Subaru Global Platform, Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, Boxer Engine and EyeSight Technology. The cars will be available in 3 models: Subaru Forester 2.0i-S EyeSight, Subaru Forester 2.0i-S, and Subaru 2.0i-L. The All-New Forester is bigger, better, and superior both inside and outside, boasting performance, comfort and maximum safety.
The All-New Forester 2019
Outstanding drivability and technology
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive delivers power to each wheel to provide maximum adhesion, control, and safety.
- 2.0-Liter Direct-Injection Boxer Engine improves horsepower and boosts fuel efficiency.
- 7-Speed CVT makes acceleration easier.
- Subaru Global Platform is a redesigned chassis that offers a safer, smoother driving experience by delivering less shake and body roll, and significantly reduces road noises.
- X-MODE Function enhances driving performance on challenging terrains with the optimised integrated control of the engine, the all-wheel drive ability, brakes, and other functions.
- Active Torque Vectoring enables drivers to control their vehicles exactly as intended.
Impressive Safety Features
- EyeSight Driver Assistant Technology includes automatic pre-collision braking, pre-collision throttle management, adaptive cruise control, lead vehicle start alert, and lane departure and lane sway warning. This feature is equipped in the Subaru Forester 2.0 i-S EyeSight.
- Auto Vehicle Hold
- Subaru Rear Vehicle Detection (SVRD) uses radar sensors installed on the rear of the vehicle to detect objects and vehicles behind the car for worry-free reversing and parking.
- Optimisation of the shape of the pillars to help reduce blind spots and provide better visibility.
Versatility and room for comfort
- Minimum ground clearance of 220mm
- Raised roof rails with integrated tie-down points for more loadings
- New interior design for more comfort
- Multiple divided seatback pockets
- USB charging ports
- Air-conditioning vent grilles at the central console
- Larger rear leg room, and an increased cargo room with wider rear gate opening
- Power rear gate, which allows opening, closing and locking of the entire vehicle with just the touch of a button.
Built to last, the body of The All-New Forester 2019 is made of extensive high-strength steel that promises durability and rigidity befitting the rugged image of an SUV. The raised body, new claddings, protruding under guards, headlight grilles, and new taillights with beautiful and subtle details still keep the robustness and sophistication of the earlier model's charms.
For more information, please call 02 725 1888, or visit http://www.subaru.asia/th
About Tan Chong International Limited
Tan Chong International Limited (TCIL) is listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong (HKSE:0693) and is a major motor, property and distribution company with operations in Singapore, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. Since its inception in 1957, the Group has grown its assets substantially through continuous expansion of its existing diversified business portfolio in manufacturing, distribution and retail. Other businesses that TCIL engage in across Asia include automotive, commercial, manufacturing, trading and property investment businesses.
About Motor Image
Motor Image is a wholly owned subsidiary of TCIL and exclusive distributor of Subaru vehicles across nine countries in Asia. Established in 1986 and headquartered in Singapore, the company has since opened offices in Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. As part of Motor Image's growth strategy, the company has identified ASEAN as the key engine of the company's future growth. In July 2011, a partnership was established with Subaru Corporation (formerly known as Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.) for the production of Subaru vehicles at a CKD assembly plant in Malaysia. On 8 February 2017, Subaru Corporation and TC Manufacturing and Assembly (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (TCMA TH), a wholly owned subsidiary of TCIL entered into a Joint Venture (JV) Agreement for the local assembly of Subaru vehicles in Thailand to reinforce their existing business foundations in Southeast Asia. The vehicles produced in both Malaysia and Thailand will be distributed by Motor Image through its Subaru network. www.subaru.asia
Founded in Japan in 1955, Subaru has since grown to become one of the world's leading carmakers. In 1972, Subaru became the first in the world to market an All-Wheel Drive (AWD) passenger car and pioneered the market in Japan for high-performance station wagons by combining a turbo-charged engine with an AWD system. Subaru has improved and refined its AWD system, to create a Symmetrical AWD system that enables optimal driving pleasure and safety.
Subaru is well-known by motoring organizations worldwide for its engineering, design, functionality, safety and reliability. The Subaru range of vehicles includes the BRZ, Forester, Impreza, Legacy, Levorg, Outback, WRX, WRX STI and XV. Collectively, they have been known to be "driver's cars" offering superb handling because of the Subaru Four Core Technologies, such as the Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and Subaru Boxer engine, built into every model. www.subaru-global.com