BMW i8 and BMW 2 Series make Thailand premier at the 35thBangkok International Motor Show
- BMW i8
- BMW 220i Coupe Sport and BMW 220i Coupe M Sport
- BMW 116i and BMW 116i M Sport
- BMW 325d M Sport
- The new BMW 5 Series
- BMW 420i Coupe Sportand BMW 420i Coupe M Sport
- BMW 420d Convertible Sport andBMW 420d Convertible M Sport
- Thenew MINI
- BMW R1200 GS Adventure
BMW Group Thailand is strengthening its leadership in innovative premium automotive technology at the 35th Bangkok International Motor Show, with the latest technologies incorporated in the BMW i8 and BMW 2 Series. The public are invited to experience the premium BMW automobile line-up including BMW 1 Series, BMW 3 Series, BMW 4 Series and BMW 5 Series. The latestBMW motorcycle and The New MINI also make their debut at the event.
- Thanks to its novel powertrain concept –the BMW eDrive in plug-in hybrid configuration – thei8 combines a 0–100 km/h sprint time of 4.4 seconds and CO2 emissions of 49 g/km with the average fuel consumption of 47.6 km/litre.
- BMW eDrive: Sports car powertrain of the future;The BMW i8’s plug-in hybrid system comprises a 170 kW/231 hp, 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) three-cylinder petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology and a 96 kW/131 hp, 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) hybrid synchronous electric motor.
- In zero-emission all-electric mode, the BMW i8 has a top speed of 120 km/h and a range of 37 kilometres within the EU test cycle. In Sport mode the BMW i8 offers mid-range acceleration from 80 to 120 km/h in 2.6 seconds. Top speed is 250 km/h
- In typical everyday commuting, the BMW i8 can return fuel consumption below 20 km/litre around town, extra-urban or motorway driving less than 14.28 km/litre and longer-distance operation at higher speeds, below 12.5 km/litre.
- Use of the lightweight high-tech material carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP) passenger cell offers excellent crash performance, and brings weight saving of 50 percent over steel and around 30 percent over aluminium, with equivalent or improved strength.
- A lithium-ion high-voltage battery can be recharged at a household power socket or BMW iWallbox. Charging times range from less than two up to three hours.
BMW 220i Coupe Sport (THB 2,799,000 VAT incl.)
BMW 220i Coupe M Sport (THB 2,949,000 VAT incl.)
- The specific vehicle concept behind the BMW 2 Series Coupe – unique in its segment – is faithfully reflected in its body design. The two-door model is first and foremost a Coupe from the BMW brand, and the design features that identify a member of this special breed – a three-box body with clearly defined boot and low-slung silhouette – are carried over into a compact model with greater enthusiasm and intent than ever.
- The 135 kW/184 hp four-cylinder engine in the BMW 220i Coupe is making its debut in a compactBMW model.
- The specific proportions of the BMW 2 Series Coupe are contained within a body measuring 4,432 millimetres in length. The new compact Coupe is also wider than its predecessor at 1,774 millimetres and has a 30-millimetre longer wheelbase and wider tracks.
- The result is an increase in interior space and 20 litres of extra boot capacity. Added to which, the BMW 2 Series Coupe also boasts more efficient aerodynamics than both the BMW 1 Series and its predecessor, as reflected in a Cd of 0.29 for the BMW 220i Coupe.
The new MINI
The new edition of the premium small car segment original; the new MINI features hallmark emotional design, further optimised balance between driving fun and fuel consumption, innovative networking technology and clever functionality. New seat design with larger adjustment range at front and longer seat surface at rear while a rear foldable backrest offers a 60:40 split feature.Finally, also on offer is an optional storage package including luggage compartment floor which can be locked into place at varying points.
- A new generation of engines with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology; three model variants available as of market launch: MINI Cooper with 100 kW/136 bhp 3-cylinder engine, MINI Cooper S with 141 kW/192 bhp 4-cylinder petrol engine and MINI Cooper D with 3-cylinder diesel engine (85 kW/116 bhp).
- For MINI Cooper S, the new MINI Driving Modes provide an excellent basis for fuel efficient motoring. Drivers can select the standard MID mode, the SPORT or the GREEN mode. Dynamic Damper Control is also introduced for the first time, allowing activation of either a more comfort-oriented response or a direct, sporty response, depending on the given situation.
- Biggest efficiency advance in the MINI Cooper with automatic transmission: acceleration from zero to 100 km/h in 7.8 seconds; lowest fuel consumption and CO2 levels in the MINI Cooper D:26.3 km/litre, 99-98 g/km (EU test cycle figures, dependent on tyre format selected).
- Newly designed headlamps for MINI Cooper S; daytime driving light; LED headlamps including daytime driving ring with integrated direction indicator, adaptive light distribution and LED fog lamps; rear lights also available in LED technology, New display and operating concept: instrument cluster on the steering column showing road speed and engine speed, colour display for vehicle status details and fuel level; central instrument with new display elements and coloured lighting configuration including LED ring for visual feedback in response to numerous operating functions.
- The ultimate intelligent driving assistance, MINI Navigation, is now available for the first time in Thailand in The new MINI Cooper S.
- The peace-of-mind of owning a new MINI is longer-lasting than ever. The new MINI comes with MINI Services Inclusive (MSI) of 5 years or 50,000 km.
BMW 116i (THB 1,749,000 VAT incl.)
BMW 116i M Sport (THB 1,999,000 VAT incl.)
- BMW 1 Series, with its BMW EfficientDynamics technology, is the first car in the world in its segment with eight-speed automatic transmission and Automatic Start/Stop function. ECO PRO mode is activated using the Driving Experience Control switch, which is included as standard.
- Highly torsion-resistant body for increased responsiveness and passenger protection.
- Comprehensive range of safety equipment including front, side and head airbags.
- BMW 116i is now available with or without the M Sport package.
BMW 325d M Sport (THB 3,299,000 VAT incl.)
- Great fuel efficiency and low emissions with no reduction in power output, BMW 325d M Sport has 160kW / 218 hp at 4,000 rpm to sprint from 0-100 km/hr in 6.6 seconds, yet achieving superior fuel efficiency of 21.7 km/litre.
- Enhanced driving experience withthe 8.8“ Control Display with standard-fitted iDrive Touch Controller operating system.
- M Sport package defines dynamic accent with the equipped M aerodynamic package and 18“ M light alloy wheel with mixed tyres.
BMW 520i (THB 3,349,000 VAT incl.)
BMW 520d (THB 3,499,000 VAT incl.)
- Exceptional travelling pleasure for both driver and passenger with electrical seat adjustment, cruise control with braking function.
- A pack of entertainment features, including Comfort Access system, 6.5" Control Display, iDrive Controller and Stereo speaker system.
- Intelligent system of BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder designed for maximizing driving performance and efficiency - 8-speed automatic transmission Steptronic with improved fuel efficiency of average 16.7 km/litre for BMW 520i and 22.2 km / litre for BMW 520d.
- Sport leather steering wheel and 17'' light alloy wheels with run-flat tyre technology.
BMW 528i Luxury (THB 3,699,000 VAT incl.)
BMW 528i M Sport (THB 3,799,000 VAT incl.)
- Lumbar support seats for driver and front passenger mindfully enhance driving pleasure with comfortable sensation for every journey.
- Refinement every day with multifunction entertainment and communication instruments with 10.2" Control Display, iDrive Touch Controllerand HiFi loudspeaker system.
- Ensuring driving safety with clever assistance packed with Navigation systemProfessional,Adaptive LED headlights,high-beam assistance, rain sensor and automatic driving lights control and Rear view camera.
- Soft-Close function for doors
- Rear-seat entertainment Professional (only for 528i Luxury)
BMW 525d Luxury (THB 3,899,000 VAT incl.)
BMW 525d M Sport (THB 3,999,000 VAT incl.)
- Maximum driving performance with the line-up diesel variant. Its four-cylinder diesel with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology creates output of 218 hp and 0-100 km/h acceleration within 6.9 seconds.
- Reduction of fuel consumption to 21.3 km/litre, yet with no drop-off in sporting ability.
- Less environmental harm and demonstrating BMW Groupsustainability philosophy with only 123 g/km of CO2 emissions.
- Enhanced driving sensation withthe 10.2“ Control Display of the standard-fitted iDrive Touch Controller operating system.
- The suite of standard-fitted BMW EfficientDynamics technology including Brake Energy Regeneration, Auto Start-Stop function (also fitted in conjunction with the eight-speed automatic gearbox), Optimum Shift Indicator and ECO PRO mode.
- Soft-Close function for doors
- Rear-seat entertainment Professional (only for 525d Luxury)
BMW 420i Coupe Sport (THB 3,499,000 VAT incl.)
BMW 420i Coupe M Sport (THB 3,699,000 VAT incl.)
- Keen dynamics and supreme handling of the new BMW 4 Series Coupe are dominant themes in its engaging driving experience.
- Significantly lower centre of gravity gives agile handling and enhanced precision to drivers.
- The cutting-edge BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder petrol engine generates maximum output of
135 kW/184 hp at 5,000 – 6,250 rpm and cansprint from 0-100 km/hr in 7.3 seconds.
- Sport line with the contrast between red and black accents and 18” alloy wheel can be chosen as well as the M Sport package with adaptive M sport suspension, M aerodynamic package and 19” alloy wheels.
BMW 420d Convertible Sport (THB 4,299,000 VAT incl.)
BMW 420d Convertible M Sport (THB 4,499,000 VAT incl.)
- The BMW 4 Series Convertible is the fifth generation of BMW’s sporty mid-range convertible to offer an ideal symbiosis of elegance and dynamics combined with the thrill of open-top driving and everyday suitability.
- A three-piece retractable hardtop reduces noise level for a much quieter interior ambience.
- The extremely dynamic BMW TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder diesel engine generates maximum output of 135 kW/184 hp at 4,000 rpm and fuel efficiency of 20.8 km/litre.
- Sport line with the contrast between red and black accents and 18” alloy wheels can be chosen as well as the M Sport package with adaptive M sport suspension, M aerodynamic package and 19” alloy wheels
- Loading assistance - with the hardtop open, just a push of the button and the loading aid raises the entire roof unit, increasing the amount of space available
BMW R1200 GS Adventure
- Based on the same versatile overall concept as the R 1200 GS, with spirited twin-cylinder boxer engine and agile chassis, but with enhanced off-road prowess and globetrotting abilities.
- The new R 1200 GS Adventure is powered by the same spirited air/liquid-cooled boxer engine featured on the R 1200 GS, with a displacement of 1,170 cc and an output of 92 kW / 125 hp at 7,750 rpm.
Sales Promotion Campaign
For BMW bookings taken during the Motor Show 2014 and for delivery within April 2014, customers will be eligible for give-away gifts as follows:
- For the BMW X1* and BMW 3 Series sedan* :iPad Air (16 GB WIFI + Cellular)
- For theBMW 5 Series**, BMW X3CBU** : iPad Air (32 GB WIFI + Cellular)
- For theBMW 7 Series*** and all BMW ActiveHybrid 7L : iPad Air (64 GB WIFI + Cellular)
(*not including BMW X1 sDrive18i at THB 1,999,000, and BMW 316i and BMW 320i at THB 2,249,000)
(**not including BMW 1 Series, BMW 4 Series, BMW 3 Series GT, BMW Z4, BMW ActiveHybrid 7L,BMW 3 Series Touring andBMW 5 Series Touring)
(***not including BMW 7 Series Pre Facelift and BMW 7 Series Business)
For MINI bookings taken during the Motor Show 2014 and for delivery within April 2014, customers will be eligible for give-away gifts as follows:
- MINI Countryman, customers will be eligible to receive aniPad mini with Retina display (64 GB WIFI + Cellular) and MINI Service Inclusive (MSI) and MINI Mobility Services extension up to 5 yrs/50,000 km. for customers with financial contracts with MINI Financial Services during the above period.
- MINI Paceman customers with financial contracts with MINI Financial Services during the above period will be eligible to receive first class insurance for 2 years and MINI Service Inclusive (MSI) and MINI Mobility Services extension up to 5 yrs/50,000 km.
- MINI Hatch customers(the new MINI is not included)with financial contracts with MINI Financial Services during the above period will be eligible for 0% instalment for 2-4 yrs (limited periods, depending on each model).
- MINI Hatch with JCW limited edition package customers with financial contracts with MINI Financial Services during the above period will be eligible for first class insurance for 1 year and MINI Service Inclusive (MSI) and MINI Mobility Services extension up to 5 yrs/50,000 km
*Terms and conditions apply. BMW Group Thailand reserves the right to amend the above conditions without prior notice.
More details aboutthe campaigns andother financial products from BMW & MINI Financial Servicescan be obtained fromBMW Contact Centre at 1-800-269-269 (or 1-401-269-269, if calling from a mobile phone), or from authorized dealers nationwide.